Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So. Close.



I have to be honest with you, I'm not sure I'm in love with it. If nothing else, I can say its been a huge learning experience both in fitting and in construction techniques. The shoulders may still drop a little too much. On the hanger it looks flat and lifeless, and it wrinkles like crazy.

But I am proud of how the piping turned out and once its completely done, hemmed, and styled it might look OK. I won't know until I get there. Other things I changed was doing cap sleeves, which are turning out to be more like tent sleeves, but thats OK cause I like those sort of sleeves. Maybe I'll use the little bit of red heart lace left over from my daughter's red circles skirt and gather it into that. Hmmm, that might work.

Left to do:
  • other sleeve
  • finishing off all unfinished seams
  • hem
  • sew on buttons
MAYBE I'll have pictures of it by this weekend? I don't know. Depends on if I can get Mom moved to the new nursing home or not (oh there's a book long rant...).

That's all for now, I'm up way past my bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. That piping looks AMAZING! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erika, that is a bit encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be honest with you,I LOVE IT !

    elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piping with the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete