Sunday, February 5, 2012

Art Therapy - Paint and Fabric Scraps

Decorating boxes

My days off this week turned out to be mostly unproductive. While my brain was wanting to go go go, my body felt like it had been hit by a truck. I  know I've mentioned this before, but if you are new-ish it might be worth mentioning I'm a chronic pain patient. I promise I will not whine about it regularly but sometimes its hard for me to escape it.  I'm certain this bought  probably a combination of going dancing, vacuuming, and weather. But anywho, its a thing. I deal. Sometimes with art.

Now, I'm gonna say that I suck at drawing, which is why I took up photography. And scrapbooking. The wonderful thing about scrapbooking is I can stamp, color, play with paper, and play with images. It also gives me supplies for art journaling and altering things like the above box. Its a combination of paints and washi tape. The other one I covered with scrap fabric.  In fact, I was thinking of perfecting this idea and doing a tutorial. Any takers?

To be honest, the other reason for doing this was I am wrestling with how best to make the alterations to the New Look bolero.  I didn't have it in me to take pictures of the first run and I needed something to do while I mulled over the possibilities as well as take my mind off of pain.  I'm going to dig up Sherry's RTW tailoring tutorials as a guide for the pattern once fitting is done.  I have a feeling I will be making several of these as they are the perfect accompaniment to sleeveless dresses.





Erm, so that's all really.  Anyone else do some non-sewing creativity?

2 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY game for a tutorial. Or better yet, an in-home demonstration =P I'll provide munchies & refreshment and space and crap to use and whatnot, you provide You and Knowledge =P

    I spent most of the weekend completely overhauling my desk =P It sounds like a small task until you remember how frakking HUGE my desk is. And how completely COMPLETELY covered it was in everything from junk mail/crap to important notices and past-due bills (ok, well the latter are still past-due but Hey! At least I know where they all are now and they're now sorted by amount owed =P
    Love you! I like both boxes but most especially the second one. Also, if I can get rid of these damnable shakes [doctor and I are STILL trying to find out why I tremmer like a leaf all the time; we're kinda at a loss?] I'll come up sometime soon for that fitting & to hang out. If we're willing to have Josh along as 'One of the Gals' [^_~] he can bring me up sooner than later.
    Lots of Love!
    ~AT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. Not right now, but I do.
    And fabric covered round box? Reminds me of a box of my mom's. Covered in black felt embroidered in folk patterns. LOVE. She stores her little collection of foreign coins in it.

    ReplyDelete