Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Hair Diaries

So I've been laid up with a cold the past few days which is eating into my sewing time. Which has annoyed me. I have, however, been playing with my hair.  I've been using the headband wrap for curling, but not leaving it in long enough to do a re-enactment of Oona hair (much to her dismay, I'm sure).  I figured, since mostly it just bores the boys to death that I'd share some experiments here. Today I tried using... wait, do I have to put product names up here? I'm terrible at that. Lets just say I used some styling gel, put my hair in the headband wrap for about five hours, sprayed it with a light hairspray and then shook it out. I had nice waves, but decided to take a  page out of this headband hair tutorial but add a little twist that will let me use my flower hair comb.

Taken with phone* camera

Its got that "carefree messy" that's a little bit bohemian.  I'm still working on how to keep the back in place and not come loose from being wrapped around the bottom of the headband.  I'll update on that later.

*update: I  meant to put phone in the subtitle. I did, really. I blame the retarded on cold medicine.

1 comment:

  1. I like this hairstyle. With your fabulous red hair, this looks... I don't even know what to clal it, it just looks as if it had always been meant to be that way. With flower in your hair.

    Also, I kind of forgot to let you know I nominated you for a blog award...
    I'd put up a link, but I realised I'm sitting at father's computer and he has something of his own in the Ctrl+C memory. So, please, go to my blog and look there... :-)

    ReplyDelete