Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Remember When?



So way back, like two years ago(eons in internet years), I was inspired by this duster in Ralph Lauren's Spring 2011 collection. I still want to make my own version of it (runway version was selling for $8k), I even bought a purple chambray and some macrame style lace at Mood the summer I went to NYC. I'm still wanting to make it, but since I plan on doing hand embroidery its something I consider a long-term project. But thinking about it is what got me started on my new pin board, and I found some lovely examples of embroidery embellished clothing that I wanted to share. Its the sort of details that we lack so much in our day to day world of RTW clothing. I mean yes, there is machine embroidered embellishments on mass produced garments, but it still lacks that certain je ne sais quoi.



Source: etsy.com via Lady on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Lady on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Lady on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Lady on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Lady on Pinterest






Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. Each and every one of those dresses/blouses are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your pinboard and was inspired myself! It is true- embroidery definitely adds something special to a garment. Your duster will be beautiful and special, and one of a kind! (I wonder if I could embroider? I NEVER even thought about trying!) ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally can! It just takes practice, which I'll be doing myself for a bit. I'll do another post on resources later. :D

      Delete
  3. I'm so on board with the embroidery. Looking forward to your resources post.

    ReplyDelete