Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Patterns That Play Well with Challis

Source

Settle in darlings, lets have some brunch (because I know we all slept in) and discuss what kind of patterns work with challis. The more flowing the better, though not all challis is created equally, as we read in the last post. Some of it is heavier and can take a bit more structure than others. Here are few of my pairings:



I have  several fabrics I want to make Simplicity 1880 in, AND Sunni did a great sew-a-long last year which you can read about here.



This is a one way fabric and I just LOVE the border flowers, which will be the bottom of the skirt. You probably recognize this as Colette's Chantilly. I've made this before, so I won't have quite as much work to do to get it to fit. Other pattern ideas:


Tasia's Cambie Pattern


Vogue 8827, for a great work dress, particularly version B.

Simplicity's Cynthia Rowley 1872

SO those are my picks! What have you decided on? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. B on the Vogue dress is my fave view.

    Can' wait to see another Cambie. Have a lovely brunch!

    Lots of Love,

    Bundana
    @ http://www.bundana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B on the vogue would look good with a jacket thrown over it too, which is why I think it would be great.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like ALL of these. I'm particularly fond of the Chantilly and the Cambie--both of which I need to make ASAP.

    I should have used challis for my Sew for Victory dress. The skirt would have had a much better drape. Ah, well. . . I'll know better next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still loved your Sew for Victory dress! The Chantilly is going to get made, but I doubt the Cambie will. I want it out of a linen anyway.

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking about Simplicity 1651 and maybe something a little retro....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I hadn't noticed that pattern. I like it! Retro would definitely be fun too.

      Delete